Sunday 25 December 2011

My Christmas Day


It is ok my friends to feast on Christmas day, it is a day to celebrate, a day to rejoice and be glad. Eat and be glad for Solomon writes “Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works. Let thy garments be always white; and let thy head lack no ointments. ”

This was how I celebrated my Christmas day, I ate my bread with joy and drank my wine with a merry heart. I started the day by going to church and then returned to a luscious feast. There were all sorts on the table, fish, turkey, rice, snail, muscles, spring rolls, Nigerian sauces, drinks, cake and etc. Before we began to eat, a champagne was opened were we all wished one another merry Christmas and thanked God for the grace bestowed upon us to have the means to provide and eat what laid before us. I ate to my heart’s content which did make me feel full and the drink made me light satisfying my soul but only the Child born at Christmas truly satisfies my soul.

Then we proceeded to opening our presents and glad was I of the gift I received. There were many smiles and thankfulness for the gifts received and I very thankful for the precious gift that God the Father gave us at Christmas. 


The night then eased into watching strictly come dancing special and chilling, each doing whatever their heart feels and eating more food merrily and gladly.


To close in the words of Charles Spurgeon, “Religion (Christianity) was never designed to make your pleasures less.”


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...