Wednesday 24 December 2014

Give me what you will, My dear Lord

Give me what you will, My dear Lord
And take what you will, My dear Lord
I will endure, whatever the grief,
And follow you still, My sweet dear Lord.

Trouble and pain you have promised me
No easy path on this road I tread,
Suffering seems to be the book I read
Joy and gladness still follows me.

O pity not me  the world I plead
For Christ did die and rise indeed.
All my errands for him are not vain
Though they leave me with marks and stains.
But know, surely as light comes with the sun
That my reward will come when this earth is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...