Saturday 23 May 2015

Fall from me


The devil, a fiend, not a friend 
Constant accuser 
Jealous of God's eyes on me. 
His name, heavens demeanour frown. 
Upon mine, angels constantly sing a glad redemptive theme. 
Be ever keen Evil one 
To thrall me and enthral me with your majestic visions 
Of Owning God through sin, 
Beckoning me with sweet psalms of rebellion. 
Woe to thee, your eternity is sealed 
And I will not seal my soul with thee. 
Offend me and bite thy thumb, 
I will not leap off the cliff 
Though you offer me the world. 
Thy unformed darkness forged into a forgery 
Fallen from heaven, fall from me!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...