Sunday 5 July 2015

I Love your House

I love the house of God, that redeemed community of praise. Like the Psalmist I say, I will go into your house with burnt offerings; I will pay you my vows. My buisness in your house is thankfulness. A heart resolute to worship you in my happiness and brokenness.

If I am broken, out of the depth I will cry to you. O Lord hear my voice says my soul, and I will not be ashamed to mingle my supplications with tears and sobbs. In my barrenness I will call to you my everlasting helper - then I will praise you with all I have. All of my strength will be spent on you as one rejoices at a football game when their team snatches the victory. For your mercy is renewed towards me every day. O that sweet distinguishing mercy which you daily lavish on my sinful head.

I will offer you new praises. Sing my soul to the Lord a new song for he has done marvellous things! I will go into your house. But surely, here in the calm of my room, in the private of my home, I can worship you and praise you. But in fellowship, in that house of yours, in the presence of all the saints, praising you is deeper and the chorus of our praises unites with those above us, those who have gone before us.

I love your house my Lord, may my business there be always thankfulness.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...