Tuesday 5 January 2016

I want to be the best Christian of my generation

As a teenager, Jonathan Edwards wrote down a list of resolutions that he was going to live by. He wanted his life to glorify God so that at the end of his life he would have no regrets. Edwards wrote 70 resolutions and he purposed each week to re-read his resolutions so that he abides by them.

Edwards wanted to be the best Christian of his generation which I find admirable and something that each of us should pursue. We should all aim to be the best christian in our generation. And if you think that this is a prideful ambition then go and be the worst Christian in your generation.

Edwards write:

Resolution 63: On the supposition, that there never was to be but one individual in the world, at any one time, who was properly a complete Christian, in all respects of a right stamp, having Christianity always shining in its true luster, and appearing excellent and lovely, from whatever part and under whatever character viewed: Resolved, to act just as I would do, if I strove with all my might to be that one, who should live in my time. Jan. 14 and July 3, 1723.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...