Wednesday 1 August 2018

Miscellanies 106: Jesus is my best thought

Jesus is my best thought by day and by night and always will be. O sweet Jesus, you will never depart from my heart, for you are the darling of my soul. Forever will I search your wonders. Your eyes like flames, unblemished in your character, tender in your patience towards me. O may I forever give you my attention and lovingly sit by your side. You wooed me with your grace, you showed me your unending beauty, and thus I bend my knees in adoration and in tears, that such a lovely being should love me, the worst of all sinners. O may I press on, may I eternally press on to behold you!

Come and see the wonder of all the ages. Come and gaze upon him who is irrefutably enthralling. O deny not your eyes the greatest vision in existence. Come and see Jesus Christ, the eternal darling of the Father. Hurry men and angels, you are invited to behold his glory. Usher him quickly into your heart, and see how rapidly your heart will be enveloped with joy, and your being ennobled. O delay no further, forsake whatever you think is sweet and ravishing, and put on Christ. There will be no comparison. His greatness is eternally great!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...