Saturday 27 July 2019

Cast aside my own righteousness

We are to truly cast aside our own righteousness. Whatever we may see to be good in us we must abandon and favour Christ's righteousness instead. So in whatever state I am, I come to God solely on the merit of Jesus Christ. I can never appeal to this or that deed, only to the deeds of Christ. I regret and repent of my sins, but my sins will not stop me from coming to God because Jesus has paid for my sins and covered me in His righteousness, so I have no reason to ever delay my coming to God. I have no reason to sit in judgment of myself because even in my best of deeds I am guilty just as I am in my worst of sins. so I come to God casting aside my own righteousness in favour of Christ's righteousness.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...