Friday 25 October 2019

I must have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies

I must have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies. I must be wise in all my discussions. I must pick my topic of engagement wisely for there are many out there who simply want to talk about all kinds of controversies for the sake of arousing anger and promoting ignorance. I pray that the Lord will help me know which conversations to engage in so that I am not throwing pearls at pigs.

But in all my discussions I am to be kind to everyone and be gentle with everyone. This is extremely difficult when dealing with a foolish person. They are in every way incoherent in their views and they comfort themselves that they know it all. I must be gentle with such a one!

Help me with patience dear Lord and with the wisdom not to engage in a pointless discussion.

I must also be full of humility for there is a great danger in that I cant learn from no one, and just because I have found the truth in Jesus does not mean that I cannot learn more about him.

But I must have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies. It is hard to spot sometimes on what is a fruitless conversation, on what is an ignorant controversy.

Should I engage in the conversation of a deluded atheist who is spitting on the existence of Christ? Or should I gently pass him by? Should I pass by those who insult the goodness of God and instead quietly pray for them that God may grant them repentance and bring them to the truth?

Should I engage in conversation with those who clearly worship angels and saints? Should I walk by everyone who is in opposition to me?

I know in all things I must pray for the lost and for Christians who are clearly following in erroneous teachings. And if I am faithfully teaching the words of Christ in love, perhaps many will come to the truth.

K.O

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...