Wednesday 9 October 2019

The joy of confession

I met a boy who told me of his feelings for the one he loved. 

Dear Sir, her beauty is unrivalled. A paramount testimony to humanity. How lovely - how full of grace - how full! The lucky guy will forever be in love. And I will forever sigh for she feels me not. What sorrows upon sorrows that all men ought to call me a man of sorrows. Especially this night she looked better than a princess and far outweighs any queen. She is in the realm of goddesses and she is the god of them all. Oh, what brightness! Oh, what great glory of feminine beauty!!! What a delight! What essential glory!! What transcendental joy that I admire her so much. And if I was not a monotheist then I fear I would gladly worship at her altar.

But Sir, when I did see her kiss the cheeks of another, the jealousy did take over. It was a wild crazy feeling. But lo, must I relinquish this glad essence? This indescribable favour that the true lord has blessed me to feel! But the feeling will not meet its design. Oh what a lost but bless God for his infinite grace.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...