Saturday 25 January 2020

I wondered what it was like to be in my thirties

I wondered what it was like to be in my thirties
I am already this age and in a few days, more
But in all, I feel no less than the decade before.
Wiser but the same inside
Is this to be mourned or rejoiced?
Though outwardly I age
What's important is my growth inside.
I wished I prayed more
And conformed to the image of Christ
But I am so far behind
Heaven seems out of reach.
I am not where I wished to be
My Character lacks behind
I will to be more holy
But the world draws me in.
Forgive me dear Lord
Please keep me in your design
That a poor soul like me
Would still be of use in your church.
Many opportunities I have squandered
Will many more come?
Be kind to me dear Lord
Please be Kind!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...