Saturday 14 March 2020

Come to God in prayer

It is wise and beneficial to always be in prayer to the Lord. I fear that many Christians have left off prayer and in doing so have neglected it to their own peril. Neglect of prayer is often a reflection of one's heart towards God. If I come to him often with my pleas and praise, and do that daily then I always have him in my heart and not only in my heart but I have the best thoughts about Him, namely that He is my father and that He loves me dearly and did not spare His only begotten Son, but gave Him up for me. This is good news and thus I come to Him boldly knowing that He cares for me. But I fear that there are many prodigal Christians who have been enticed by this world and thus indulged in her pleasures, and in coming to their senses are not so eager to run back to the Father's house where He is waiting to embrace them. So they leave off prayer and only pray once in a while and thus forfeited their own joy and live in a sorrowful state. If this is your current condition, know this, namely that all of your sins are forgiven and that you can come to God your father by the blood of His only Son through the eternal Spirit who resides in you. Yea, you can raise up your feeble hands or bow your head in humility and surrender and approach the throne of grace with confidence. Dedicate and surrender to Him all over again.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...