Friday 27 March 2020

The sanity she gives

Her golden hair streamed in the glean of the pleasant rays-
Wonderful, wonderful, the birds marvel.
And my eyes swayed not from her engaging path -
O, for love, I am in love
And I fear ten million more are
Ebbed in the flows of her gratifying ways.
That I the lowest of them all,
Like grass the last to feel the sun's radiant warmth
Would receive only the residue of her light.
But fear not I, fear not I
For the moments of joy, enjoyed when in
Long or short, imagining our time,
Not in lust but love and trust,
Side by side, favouring God's dove upon us.
O, the sanity she gives
My Esther and Rachel
And I Abraham and Jacob to her!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...