Monday 6 April 2020

I feel like my days are up

Dear Sunny

I feel like my days are up
Death hangs around my door.
His fear pangs my heart to fear
Everlasting joy remains unclear.
Oh, my dear, I wish you were here
To firm and fix my tears to my years.
This sickness I am sure will close my eyes
But how can I live all my future in a night?
Regret has been my bedside friend 
How I wish I had lived more holy days.
You told me faith would be my final rock
How I wish I kept her deep 
But in my youth, I flung her into the sea.
I hear the knock, please fetch the priest
Perhaps in this last rite, my soul will live. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...