Thursday 25 February 2021

Let us always remember the goodness of the Lord

 Let us always remember the goodness of the Lord towards us regardless of our feelings. Somedays I feel the weight of my sins and think to myself that surely, God must be so disappointed with me that there is no point in praying. I sink in despair and think that my portion is surely hellfire.

Indeed, we must check ourselves to see if we are in the faith. Take heed lest we fall. Some have shipwrecked their faith due to neglect in their obedience to the command of God. We must not deceive ourselves because on that day many will say Lord, Lord, and Jesus will say depart from me!

Sometimes, I think does he say it to me now? Has he removed his Holy Spirit from me? Then I remember that He who began a good work in me will complete it to the end and that I am loved from everlasting to everlasting. I am confident of this, namely that I have the Holy Spirit inside of me and my grief towards my sins is not in the flesh, but a true conviction from the Holy Spirit that indwells me. O, that I may please Him more and daily chose to crucify my flesh and love my neighbors and enemies wholeheartedly. 

He loves me, and His thoughts towards me is always good. Goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in His house forevermore.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...