Wednesday 3 February 2021

To live in holiness and righteousness

 My sins are as numerous as the stars in the sky.
When will it cease? Will I ever have strength enough to live in perfect righteousness?
O, how I wish I was already perfected living in bliss and in unity with the God above.
But I am a wretch who fails daily.
Why am I more a friend of the devil than of God?
God has promised me everything and even given His only Son to die for me.
Yet, I chose unrighteousness and cannot complete in all of my works a holiness that I think is pleasing to the Lord.
Sorrow upon sorrow, dread upon dread 
Will His anger fall upon me and strike me dead?
How fortunate that my portion is more of a David than a Saul.
Saul died for his breach of faith, yet David lived till he was old in age.
Grace for me today and for tomorrow and forever
Until a new body attained then I will not be able to sin,
I await that day
But here may my will be stronger
To live in holiness and righteousness because that I know pleases my LORD. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...