Tuesday 7 December 2021

This Cloudy Mist!

 Darcy had his pride
And Elizabeth her prejudice
I have all of my sins
Lust, greed, wrath, sloth, envy, Pride and prejudice.
What to do but give it to Christ
For He died for all of my Sins.
He crucified it, And I will too.
O for strength to last for more than a day,
I will not see the devil gloat 
Or dance and make me hell's price. 
What a saint! Let this be the angel's declare
And when I bid farewell to the dawn
May I be in peace that I have pleased my Lord.
But now forlorn
Because I am not yet free,
Each night I kiss my lust
And each morning I hug my greed.
I wish, but sloth keeps me to my dreams
And wrath, in such speed I detest
And eschew saintly company.
Feed me thy flesh, dear Lord, you died and Bled
And should I who confess
Be the first to be ashamed of my crucified Lord?
Dear God, my Father, my creator,
My Inspiration, Please lift this cloudy mist!

K.Oni



No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...