Sunday 25 September 2011

What I'll be doing this year


As many of you are aware or unaware; I’ve recently graduated from the University of the West of England with a degree in Business Management. I thank God for this great opportunity to study and more importantly I give him thanks for how he has transformed my life through this experience to have an increasing passion and love for Jesus Christ and his gospel. Because of this awesome grace, Friends have advised me and I have decided that for the following year beginning from September I’ll be working for my Church undertaking a year on the foundations team at Woodlands Christian Centre in Bristol. 

The foundations team is a year of service where we are given the opportunity to work in different areas of church ministry. I aim to serve in as many diverse roles as possible but my heart beats for Student work, Urban Mission and youth ministry. I am very excited about the possibilities that the coming year will hold and I am hoping to finish the year with a stronger sense of vocation, confidence and experience in a number of practical areas, and a sense of having progressed in my faith to the glory of God and to the benefit of the world wide church. 

The Leaders of the foundations Team that I will be a part of have suggested that we acquire supporters. These are people that will take an interest in me, pray for me and maybe even invest in me. You are more than welcome to support me financially so as to help me finish this race as it is a voluntary role of which I am confident that His grace will see me through.  

I am confident that your prayers will provide me with much support and encouragement. If you would like to receive my monthly newsletter or to support me in any way please reply to my email k_unit75@hotmail.com or this message to keep you informed of my progress. 

I close with this prayer: Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever. Amen.

Thank you for your support
Ken Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...