Saturday 7 September 2019

Her beauty dignified

Her beauty dignified
Clothed in the Lord's Love.
Angel above gaze
At the purity of her ways,
And the devil constantly
Murmuring that God should
Remove his protection from her.
So He did, and every calamity
Fell on her save death.
But she had read the book of Job
And knew of the trials of Paul;
She gladly said in her awful situation
'What can separate me from 
The eternal sweet comforting
Love of Christ?
Nothing at all!
By grace, I was given all
And it is just for the glorious Creator
To take it all away!
I may mourn now
But it is only for a time.
Yea these momentary pain
Are not worthy to be compared
To the eternal glory to come.
O, take my soul Lord if
It pleases you; take it to thyself.
And if this measles and misery 
Is the rest of my life's portion
I will praise thy name
And will sweetly die in my poverty
Knowing that this was the means
To bring me home to my beloved Christ.'

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...