Tuesday 17 September 2019

The Joy of confession

Sinner: Oh the hurt in my heart because I forsake not my sins, yea those sins which easily entangles me. I have been a fool, yea a mighty fool who descends back to his own vomit like a dog. Oh, when will I cease from my folly! The house of the lord which ought to bring me gladness fills me with dread because I have been unfaithful in my heart to God and have committed wicked adultery. Oh, I look around and I see the bright ones and then there is poor me with his little light and no external event were strong enough to blow it out but my own vile sins - yea the water of my own sins I poured on my joy! But lo I do not completely lose heart for I have heard and know that a smouldering wick he will not snuff out and a bruised reed he will not break. Oh in that I take comfort this day that my good lord whom I have shamefully disobeyed 10x 10 million times that yet, he comes gently and with a stern rod so that the waves throws me upon him who is the rock of ages!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...