Friday 14 August 2020

I remember as I prayed

I remember as I prayed, how it was a while back when I prayed with a certain someone, and I was moved by the piety of her ways and the sweet ambition she had to live entirely for Jesus and to spread his sweet love to others. I wonder if Jesus is still her delight or has the devil's arrows weakened her? And if she has been weakened, I pray that she is restored and that she remembers that her strength is in the Lord. And if she has gone from glory to glory, I pray for her further advancement that she may continue to be a light to those around her as she was to me. O, sweet hour of prayer- the sweet moment where I am content and how I wish for a voice from heaven to confirm my meditation but I need no such voice for I have faith in the words He has spoken through his Son and Apostles. O, the wonderful cross, it bids me come and die! Here I am to bless your name and to die. Yes to die so that I live for you.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...