Sunday 30 August 2020

She had a beauty that I couldn’t see for a long time

She had a beauty that I couldn’t see for a long time. 

My eyes were opened but I could not acknowledge it. 

Determined she was not for me even though the stars aligned to tell me so. 

Stubborn love - I was in too deep with someone else

Someone else that was no good for me.

She was an angel - every interaction confirmed it

But her beauty was not satisfying to my heart

Will it ever be satisfying? 

Could it be remedied by divine grace

Are my priorities wrong

That all I should long for in a woman is beauty 

Even though my feelings are to the contrary 

Namely that a good character is better than flashy beauty.

She had a beauty that I see, 

A godly beauty that will outlast time itself

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...