Monday 18 October 2021

Blessed be the name of the Lord

 Blessed be the name of the Lord who restores us from our wayward ways. He is truly the good shepherd who goes after the sheep. I haply wandered away from him for a while, and in my unbelief all I found was misery. The further I went away from him in my heart, the greater the darkness grew. I needed the light and to always be in the light. But he restores my soul, he leads me in the path of righteousness. 

He has told me no less than that for his name I would suffer. The storm will rise and descend my way but he will not leave me nor forsake me. He sleeps during the storm so that I can smile at the storm. Oh, help my unbelief. And to know his will, I must be content with his word and follow all that he has revealed. But whether I will live tomorrow or do this or that, then I happily submit to his immutable sovereignty. He declares the end and the begining. He gives the result as well as the means. 

Oh, thank you Jesus for loving me when I have disgraced your name to the host of heaven by falling to depraved sins. O, forgive me sweet Lord!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...