Friday 10 August 2012

Miscellanies 50 - The resurrection of old sins

Those sins which for Long I loathed, for long lamented and once upon a time crucified. Those sins which through prayer and groans buried for years have now in a single day revived to haunt my pilgrim walk to Canaan. Pitiful sins, why have thou returned from sheol, to stare my soul and frown my countenance? Old pitiful sins to damp my assurance, to weaken my joy, to have me destroyed in hell with thee - as long and much I laboured before to rid me of thee, shall I again employ through much prayer and groaning to bury thee once more! 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...