Friday 5 June 2020

What is the most important thing to you

What is the most important thing to you? What is the chief concern of your soul? That could be many things which are legitimate concerns. But the chief concern of my soul is to love God with all of my heart, soul, and mind and to love my neighbors. 

If I do this first, that is, love God with all of my heart then everything else follows. The problem is that we try to do everything else but this first. As a result, especially if you are a Christian with the Spirit of God sealed in you, we are grieved and weighed down with burdens that we are not supposed to carry.

I feel so sad that I let God down, that I let myself down, that I let everyone down. I pray all my sins will go away. I know that my sins are forgiven which is why I should even more live a pure life. 

May all the barriers that I have put up come down. 

I know that I do not deserve the help of El Shaddai, but please Almighty, look upon me with favour once again. Look favourably upon me despite my misgivings and shortfalls. Bless me O Lord and renew in me that evangelistic zeal. 

Renew in me a deep love and passion for your glory. Grant me penetrating insight and boldness. May I love you and all that you are for me. 

You are the most important thing to me. My internal life revolve around you. May my external life display the beauty of your glory.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...