Saturday 17 October 2020

The writings of Sunny Caane

 Dear Sunny

Ah, the familiarity of loneliness sipping into my memories as I sit under this enchanted sky. Too many stars above, I wondered if they knew each other and talked to one another and shared chivalrous dreams of love. But what does it matter if anything ever mattered? The sun is hidden, the clinching proof of night and insensible flies agonising my skin. My lack of action agonizes me. My indecision, my indifference to the injustice far away and near me. Why do I sleep the night away and work as a slave during the day? Why do I eat out of necessity and constantly breathe? Why am I not a God, a buddha, a prophet, a messiah, an ambition, the end of all desires, at the top of the food chain, the beginning, and the end? Why must I look a man in the eye and woo a woman? Why must my inner reflection not be seen in a mirror and why was I born?

Ah, the universe is as it is. It just is. Its ever-flowing ebb of cordial indifference to my questions and sufferings. And why must I suffer? Why must I eat and be merry and be a slave to a woman's beauty? Why O Sunny is love not a choice and death a sting? Ah, my memories of your friendship are what keeps me sane and from being crucified to my daily sorrows. Some say I drink too much, but what do they know about too much? What does anyone know about a person's feelings?

But you know, my dear Sunny - You are my defence and elevation. Come soon so that I can rest in the comfort of your tower, safe from this horrifying thunderstorm.

Ariama

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...