Saturday 10 October 2020

The writings of Sunny Canne

Dear Sunny

You are indeed my delight, the friend of my heart. I wrote this the other day and it is my pleasure to share it with you. I know that you are coming soon and what pleasant days await us. The river shall be our view and the evening stars will keep us company as in our youth.

Ah, poor man that I am. Will she accept me? That’s not for me to decide! It’s entirely up to her. My whole business is to tell her the whole truth about me and be humble about it. That’s all I can do. And if she does think me worthy of her time then I shall do all I can to meet her expectations. Even if she were to accept me, I must not then be full of pride but to continue with the same humility. She is indeed a precious jewel, a prized possession in the eyes of God. And if she is so prized and adored by God, shall I not treat her with all care and gentleness knowing that I will give an account to her Lord at the end of all my days. Above all, shall I not lead her in the path of holiness and ensure that I am not the man to lead her into the house of sin. I may not lead her by green pastures, she has a shepherd for that and He alone is fit for that task but I can love her until I have exhausted all of my love and even then, I lean in the strength of the Lord which is never failing and never-ending. So I am sure that as long as I keep my eyes on him I shall always love her and not fail her according to his will.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...