Tuesday 16 March 2010

A prayer for my soul

Oh God of my righteousness,
Your love is better than life itself
Oh how I delight in the beauty of your name
For you have clothed me with the garments of salvation
And covered me with your righteousness
Oh that precious cross of your Son
Which bids me to come and die
Fill me oh Lord, for I am thirsty
Thirsty for your righteousness
For you have taken me from the depths of iniquity
And you washed me and made me precious
I give you my all

Precious in your sight is the death of your saint
Cause me not to stumble oh Lord
Mercy me oh God of peace
Teach me to love my neighbour more and more
And guide my steps in the narrow way
Let me climb the ladder of righteousness
And Kiss the gate of peace

k.oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...