Wednesday 20 October 2010

He is coming for a pure bride

Like the Psalmist, my heart is stirred by a noble theme as I contemplate the coming of the bridegroom for his bride.  For His dwelling place is in heaven where he is enthroned and contrary to all of the wonders of heaven, there was none fitting for him to make his bride. His heart yearned and longed for a satisfactory partner, but there was none to his taste. He remembered the assembly He long ago had with his Father and there he remembered that a bride was given to Him. His heart burnt with praise for His Father had summoned him saying ‘My Son your hour has come’.  The whole host of heaven gathered round the throne and witnessed a sight that no eyes had seen and that which mankind would witness for thirty three years. The Son eternal, the Prince of Peace did not consider equality with his Father has something to be grasped but he made himself nothing, taking the very nature of a servant, being made in human likeness. For he was coming for his bride, the only one he chose out of all of the peoples of the earth to be is treasured possession. For he did not set his affection on her because she was beautiful, on the contrary, on the day that she was born her cord was not cut, nor was she bathed in water to make her clean. No one looked on her with pity or had compassion enough to do any of these  things for her, but she was thrown out into the open field because she was loathed on the day she was born. But, he loved her, yea, it was love at first sight and when he passed by her and saw her struggling in her own blood, many prince would have walked away, but he paused, moved with a dancing affection of unrivalled grace and said to her, ‘I am a rose of Sharon, a lily among the valleys. And I will make you a lily among thorns, an apple tree among the trees of the forest. And when it is time for Love, I will spread my wings over you, I will cover you with my garment, the garment of salvation and the robe of righteousness. I will cover your nakedness and anoint you with oil. Bracelets I will place on your wrist and fine Jewels on your neck, for you are mine. Your fame will go out among the nations because of your beauty, for it is perfect through my splendour which I bestowed on you.’

She grew before Him like a tender plant and He instructed her in all of her ways. He became enthralled by her beauty and she honoured Him. He protected her and cared for her and she gladly rejoiced in him. She would sit at his feet each night and tenderly He spoke to her and His words would cleanse her, removing all blemishes, stains and wrinkles. His presence was like a fragrance to her, the darlings of heaven looked with jealousy, and she would often say to him, take me away with you, to your Father’s chamber. One evening, he called her to his side, his eyes burning with passion for her said to her, ‘My beloved, I must go to my Father’s house to prepare a place for you and after a time I will come for you. Do not let your heart be troubled for I am always with you, and when I come again I will receive you to myself never to depart again. If you love me you will let me go, you will obey all that I’ve taught you, for because of the words I have spoken to you, you are already clean. Be watchful, for I may come for you at anytime’.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...