Rene and Poet

Rene: So, my good Poet, why the Long face?

Poet: I really genuinely don’t know which step I ought to take for I am besotted with her but when I do see her all of my premeditative plans seems to be non existent and I feel somewhat unworthy and my soul is quietened within me. Perhaps I wish for her not to know although I do but I am not yet convinced either way whether her feelings are reciprocal so yet I linger in the dark but I must not stay there too long lest a charming handsome guy should take her away and forever is my opportunity gone. So what must I do? (Shrugs his shoulder, and then pauses for a little while).
For I enjoy our friendship but I think that at times because of my disposition to withdraw and remain quiet and hardly display no affection that I may be driving her away so I must change and perhaps be loose but to behave in this manner, I am not well trained so my folly may be evident and she being quick natured and cultured may see this and take the wrong assumption from it; although if she made the right assumption then I would be glad, then I could take notice of her following actions and that should give me clear signs of what she thinks of me.

Rene: My Poet, what is she to you?

Poet: She is to me when I’m with her like a summer’s afternoon, the butterflies wandering up and down, the flowers ever so green and hearing the soft sounds of the water trickling down the stream. I lay still with awed eyes tired by the mid-day beam, snared by her availing beauty. (He looks up with a gentle smile starring passionately into Rene's eyes). She is my sunrise, the cascading melody of all my desires.

K.Oni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it mean to live a godly life?

When God turns a deaf ear on prayers

Women of the Bible: Adah and Zillah