Saturday 9 June 2012

Miscellanies 46 - Why my soul do we run so far


Why my soul do we run so far from that which brings us joy and satisfaction - why my soul do we delay to sit at his feet and listen to his voice when it is there that we are content. Why do we rise very early to chase that which will only bring us misery. Why my soul do we not stay like a dog, why do we not rise and pray and sing and dance to his tune. My soul we must from this day employ ourselves entirely in him - there is nothing for us in this world, nothing of ultimate satisfaction which will not leave us dry. We must be nourished upon him, yea, we are hungry and he has the bread, we are thirsty and he has the water, we are tired and he is there to comfort, we are restless and he waits to rest us. Come my soul, let us go. We feel entirely sinful, he has the forgiveness, he has the righteousness, we have none of our own. He calls out in the street, he is calling our name, hear is soft tender voice, ‘Behold, I freely give the living water; thirsty one, stoop down and drink, and live.’ Come my soul, let us leave this rock of guilt, of death, let us go to him. If we do not go now we shall never go again or we may miss him - come my soul, let us leave it all behind. 


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...