Sleepless

A grey cloud like a flag from despair hangs over my head.
Sleepless,
Going about my day with my face pale as wax,
Fatigued, confused, angered by my past reflection,
Hand icily cold, crumbling like a fairy dream,
Broken, like some great river's ice at the touch of spring,
Sleepless,
Alone, like a storm tossed-wreck.
Feeling unconscious to life like steel.
Dreaming awake to fall asleep,
As slumber falls on the eyes of a tired child.
Sleepless,
Because I'm still accepting that she's gone away,
Feeling,
As stars that flashes with the sun,
Breathing, as a sea disturbed by a violent wind.
Sleepless,
For my love upon love upon love in her was packed,
Now gone,
Despair replaces the cloud I've lost.

K.Oni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God turns a deaf ear on prayers

What does it mean to live a godly life?

Women of the Bible: Adah and Zillah