Friday 8 May 2020

And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD

And his delight shall be in the fear of the LORD. O, what a delight! What a disposition to have this fear as the delight of one’s soul. O what a joy. How many Christians today would make the fear of the Lord their delight? How many? O, it is few. Just as it is few that enter the kingdom of God. Very few! His delight shall be in the fear of the LORD. He shall take delight in everything that pertains to God’s revealed will. He will meditate on the commandments and think to himself that this is his delight. He wakes and thinks to himself how will he accomplish the demands of the law today. How will he love the Lord his God? How will he demonstrate love towards his neighbour because he fears the LORD! In fearing the LORD it shows that He loves the LORD. O, this is sanctifying grace - this sweet disposition of the heart. O, create in me a clean heart O, LORD that I may have the fear of you in my heart. That I may tremble and kneel in dread when I come before you. That I may cherish you and love you with all of my heart.
K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...