Saturday 2 May 2020

Miscellanies 128

Perhaps I understand why David in the psalms preached to his own soul. Some would consider it an oddity but it makes sense. Indeed for the Christian, the spirit is willing but the flesh is weak. The Christian is often his own worst enemy.

I know that I am my own worst enemy. I know how to be constantly happy. Yet I do the things that make me unhappy.

Consider this, namely, that the Christian is sealed with the Holy Spirit and has Him as a permanent residence. The Christian's body is a temple and one of the Christian's duty is to not grieve the Holy Spirit but be in step with the Spirit. yet how many of us daily grieve the Spirit? By grieving Him we cause ourselves to be miserable because we can bear no fruit of joy.

Woe is that Christian who is happy whilst the Spirit inside of Him is grieving.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...