Thursday 24 December 2020

A prayer for my soul

 Ah, my sins are numerous as the stars. They encompass me and I wish they were already gone and I were completely without them. But I am. What a misery and a sigh. O, for a remedy and that remedy is Christ. He has given me his Spirit and how often I grieve him even after confessing that I will live entirely for Him yet I stumble. What weakness! For the godly ought not to be in the counsel of the wicked or entertain wicked thoughts or do wicked things. O, that I may love my neighbour and my enemies entirely and treat each one with nothing but love! But often I find self-glorification within me when I should do all to the glory of God. O, humility where art thou? Pride is the crown on my head and revenge the hidden meaning behind my smile. O corruptible soul of mine, be gone and let me walk in the steps of the Spirit. O, for mercy and grace. O, for me to eternally depart from fruitless ways. I can only pray and hope and fight the daily fight of killing sin. O, I must not for a moment cease this war and through Christ, the victory must be won!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...