Monday 22 November 2021

I see us running into the distance

 I see us running into the distance 
Until our sunsets on Christ's shores.
But you will not walk with me
You bid me farewell
And prayed that we never meet.

I sighed and said what a loss for me
I groaned and moaned and threw my hope.
It is what it is, what fun I would have had
To gaze upon her beauty all of my years and more.

I asked the horizon will you walk with me
Go the distance through this desert heap?
I told the wind she can come on by
And gently weep with me tonight.

Another Eve, am I a Cain?
Even he was blessed with a kiss-
I know my stains, they cry to me
But can a leopard change his skin!


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...