Friday 26 November 2021

In the misery of plenty

 What does she want I wonder
I squandered all of my morals
In the misery of plenty.
I learned how to write
When I stole from the library,
A coroner's remark
Got me thinking does everyone die in the dark?
Let me learn about the season
I paid reason and asked why there was a fight that led to treason.
Everyone knows, but they all deny
That there is a God, but they put I 
And would rather worship the sneaker in the aisle.
Who prays for forgiveness
Unless the media expose what is unacceptable 
And the commentators turn to preachers. 
I see this in sport
But whee is the morals,
I have never heard of them quoting Christ.
I wish I could rest, but the drink brings the best
And I surrender to the dizziness 
I am in love with a spark,
Little women on the eve of the English dawn.
Forgive me I never learned how to dance, 
I prayed to play, but never to overcome the sin I displayed,
Double vision, the highlight I desired, and nothing more.
But Christ incline, That I prize him above all
And to this, I wish I could bow
And live like St Anthony on the hills.

K.Oni


No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...