Friday 23 April 2010

Trusting in God's grace rather than the freedom of the will

Here's a quote from Charles Spurgeon which highlights the sovereignty of God in saving sinners. Preachers and evangelists should approach the pulpit in like manner. We all should rely on the grace of God and put our hope on the freeness of His grace rather than the freeness of man's will because in doing this, we won't be motivated to use deceptive and manipulative means to save people but rather we will present the truth plainly, loving our fellow men with genuine affections from the heart. Below is the quote.

'I do not come into this pulpit hoping that perhaps somebody will of his own free will return to Christ. My hope lies in another quarter. I hope that my Master will lay hold of some of them and say, "You are mine, and you shall be mine. I claim you for myself." My hope arises from the freeness of grace, and not from the freedom of the will.' (Charles Haddon Spurgeon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...