From my youth

It is true to say from the bottom of my heart that from an early age, I have indeed had a fascination with the bible and to the reading of it. As a young child I would learn the beatitudes and quote them to my brothers and friends and they would use it against me in a joking way. For example they would purposefully slap me and thus I would have to turn the other cheek. Nonetheless it was a joy to have a bible in my hand to learn. Now that I’m older, not much has changed  except my understanding as increased and a great deal of sanctification has occurred in my heart of which I thank my Lord for. There are still sins in my heart, those principles of hell which I abhor but my prayer is of constant to be free of them. Memorizing scripture has been sweet to me but the difficulty is in starting. I love to learn the word but I feel that lately I have let many things distract me and let those things take precedent above his kingdom and his righteousness. I am not unaware of the devils schemes and practices and his solemn determination to separate me from the devouring of the word. So I press on, forgetting what is behind, taking hold of Christ for he has already taken hold of me.

K.Oni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it mean to live a godly life?

When God turns a deaf ear on prayers

Women of the Bible: Adah and Zillah