Rene and Poet - part 6

Poet: Perhaps tonight she may know my Love for her. Not because she is beautiful but because she is more of me as I am. I tell you our souls are made of the same thing. My love for her is as the eternal sun, always shining and never fading. Oh I am hers, our separation is unspeakable-  Shall she refuse me, what will I do except to sit in my grave and close my casket. She is my idol, and thus far a bitter life I have fought and struggled only for her.

Rene: Oh Poet, you speak as if she is all of your entertainment and have forgotten me. Am I not a pleasure to your soul, am I not the boy you love to kiss in the rising of the sun. although I do not compare our loves yet am I meaningless to you when you speak so lofty of her.

Poet: Oh Rene, let my tongue be cut if I have offended thee; you are to me many waters, the refreshing of my soul, the comfort of my misery. But I am a man weak to her affection, I speak without sense and live when I see her a clueless man. Oh she is to me the magic of life, the limit of all beauty and joy. 

Rene: Poet my sweetness, refrain from making her an idol for she is not God

Poet: AH! she may not be but it is evidence that she is the daughter of God for only such hands could make such beauty.

Rene: Oh foolish poet, utter no such blasphemies for we know that God only has a Son. Nevetheless come with me.

Poet: Whereto my love?

(he grabs Poet and led him gently to the mouth of the river where they collected colourful pebbles for their evening adventure). 

K.Oni

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When God turns a deaf ear on prayers

What does it mean to live a godly life?

Women of the Bible: Adah and Zillah