Sunday 1 November 2020

Good deed

 Ah, good deed - look how good you make me feel and relieve me of all my guilt but thou art deceptive in your remedy. Too many have settled on your glistening shores and bountiful forest, picking at thy sweet fruits and laying themselves to rest in the cool of the evening. But I will not rest in thee for in the end you will damn me and say in front of thy God that 'I have fallen miserably short in meeting the standards He has set forth for mankind and that it is none of your faults if doing thy work gave me some comfort and rest to ease my conscience. It was never my intention to do so but like the scattered rays of the light upon the earth to create a rainbow so are my deeds when done.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...