Monday 20 September 2021

Forgive me

 When will I be perfectly righteous as to always chose holiness?
O, may my desire be so good that I forsake all that displeases my Lord!
Lust of the eyes, that evil fiend that ensnares me
Lust of life, that devil that keeps me in fear
Lust of the flesh, that weakens me to chose the world.
O three devils, do know that Christ has defeated you 
And I will rise each day, no matter how many battles I have lost,
I will rise in tears and go to war again.
Like Job, you cannot take my life, yea you cannot take my eternal life
But you can take my daily joy of which I will not easily surrender.
O, may I tell the truth at all times and bring joy to the fellowship of all goodness.
Forgive me my great king of my vast wickedness,
Forgive me!

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...