Monday 13 September 2021

Run my race

 My Christian walk is not a sprint but a marathon. I am often exhausted because I feel so far behind. I am discouraged because by now I ought to be a teacher but yet I am having to take in again the milk of the faith. But where is the finish line for me? Where exactly are my on my upward journey to heaven? At times I feel like I have entirely screwed up and I am on my way to hell.

But I must not be so discouraged because there is more 'mercy in Christ than there is sin in me'. I cling to the righteousness of Jesus and like Paul I must do the one thing which is to forget what lies behind and press on towards the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ.

The reality is that God has called me in Christ. He has placed me on the starting line on the track and He will see to it that I finish it. No matter how weary my legs become, I have the strength in Christ to press on for it is God who works in me to accomplish his will. Besides, I am not on the track alone. If I look around me, there are my brothers and sisters in the race with me and even though we all run our own race, yet it is not a cheat if we help each other. The strong will help the weak and the Spirit helps us all.

I ought to be thinking that who can I be helping this week and who can I enlist to help me. The Christian life is sweet in fellowship and although there is one whom I would love to fellowship with because I have positive affections towards her, yet I must not be so blinded that my fellowship is offered in such a selfish way. I must love all with the love that Christ has loved me and not be hesitant to lay down my life for my brothers and sisters. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...