Saturday 18 September 2021

I love God's Sovereignty.

 I would say perhaps the most comforting of doctrine for me is God's Sovereignty. This is always followed by God's love for me because whatever happens to me is under His control and He permits it all for my good. 

This is comforting because ultimately I go to God for all that happens to me and how can I be mad when his motives are pure towards me. If I am mad, I am furious at myself for falling into sins He has warned me to keep from. But when calamities befall me, especially injuries of the heart which are the worst of ills, I turn to God. 

I ask why and upon reflection I ask why not me. What did I ever deserve but the worst as I am the worst of sinners. I merit no happiness except the happiness to come because I am in Christ Jesus. And even this I did not have the right to. It was grace that kissed me in my bed of worthlessness. 

So when tribulation materializes upon me, I kiss the hands that permitted it. How can I be mad at the greenish-blue eyes that rejected me? How can I be discontent at my present stage in life which is beneath my expectations? How can I be unhinged by all of my failures, all of which I am sorry for. Tomorrow is a new day, a day of mercy guided by Sovereign hands.

So, I am ever comforted that my life is not directionless, even though I feel it is unindustrious, but it is guided by his grip who often dashes me against the quarry of agony. But my allotment is tamed compare to others. After all, I have not yet given my life in my struggle against sin. 

It will all work out for my good. This good is the good determined by the kindness of my God who loves me dearly and gave His Son for me. Therefore, at each turn of bruise and discomfort, especially the heart's wounds, I embrace Him and praise Him for he holds me and am gladful that I am in his hands rather than the evil hands of my enemies. 

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

We live and we die

 We live and we die and we are forgotten. Life is a constantly growing rose  That never kisses the sky. Our goodbyes is soon forgotten And d...