Monday 8 November 2010

A Prayer for my Soul

I rejoice O God. For the life I now live, I live to the Son of God who gave himself for me. I have died and my life is hidden in Christ. My mind is set on the things above, not on things here which are perishing. Through your Holy Spirit you gave birth to me. I am a new creation. Loved by God the Father before the creation of the world. My heart rejoices O God. Your gospel is beautiful, good news indeed to the poor. For my eyes are not haughty and humility engulfs me. It is to my delight to behold your manifold perfections. When the heavens above and the sea below is tossed to and fro, at such a time, my soul shall rest, like my Captain I will be found asleep, for your peace is within me. Oh I rejoice, exceedingly I rejoice.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...