Tuesday 6 August 2013

Still to me

She is still to me like refined gold, 
a fine sunshine after a hurricane, 
a pleasing sight, despite knowing that she is lost to me forever, 
yet at every sight of her I am lost in her beauty. 
O for grace to wean me away, what is in the end an appetite, 
that I shall never have. 
My beloved
 who never was mine, was another’s rich supper to enjoy. 
I know
 I shall never forget her.
                                 She shines bright in the sky 
                                and I am chained underneath this oak tree 
                                       shaded from her gleaming rays.  

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...