Thursday 2 July 2020

But not defeat!

It is not worth the feelings to dwell too long on what is past
It is unchanging like the rapidity of a bad smell.
Take courage to sit at the enemies table
For only through composure can fear be fought,
The broken supply of hope led to my clamorous chime.
But breathe, even defeat can make sense in love
A dove whispers, unlike the sea she does not roar.
Gentle flames in time will burn the wheat
May my habits reflect the significance of what I perceive.
Each step, no matter how far back it goes
Will seek to regain whatever distance was lost.
Even if at the end of my life I ended up where I started
The markings on the sand will show my history was a continuous war
But not defeat!


K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...