Wednesday 8 July 2020

They want to know my thoughts

They want to know my thoughts
I warned them that I wasn't born in a house of love
My thinking is all mashed, the sweet potato is on the counter
Do you dare to eat? I'm not even twenty
But I've seen too many crime scenes.
But then what is peace
Will it start when death comes to pay me a visit
She never stays, ain't got time to play because she ain't Life
Life has been my partner until death comes - I guess that's how it is
So I ain't fighting - but I'm craving for some sanity
Do spirits bleed? In the hereafter will I still be lonely
Because I can't understand humanity's greed.
They want to know my thoughts
But does it matter if in the end we all turn to dust.
I can't understand why we study the past
All it shows is our future a billion years in time.
But I believe in the man that rose from the grave.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...