Friday 17 July 2020

I told her not to worry

I told her not to worry
When the stress of being alive gets overwhelming 
She can cry and I won't judge 
Cuz my eyes will be blurry.
It's kinda funny
Out of something bitter came the honey.
Don't worry about the money,
The day will come when cash can't pay for your act 
Better be righteous and die poor 
Otherwise its an eternity inside a prison door.
I wish I could trade my life for yours,
But I fear my misery and grief runs deeper than yours.
The only encore I'll adore is the one the Christ gives
So I shun the pleasing eyes of the world 
Turn my face to God whilst the world whips my back with lashes 
That was uncalled for if she was righteous like the God who made her.

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...