Monday 22 February 2010

Counted Righteous

Three of my favourite verses in the bible is found in:

Romans 3:24-25 'For there is no distinction: for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus'

Romans 4:23-25 'But the words "it was counted to him" were not written for his sake alone, but for ours also. It will be counted to us who believe in him who raised from the dead Jesus our Lord, who was delivered up for our trespasses and raised for our justification'.

Galatians 2:21 'I do not nullify the grace of God, for if righteousness were through the law, then Christ died for no purpose'.

Indeed, I have been counted righteous in Christ Jesus, and a right understanding of this doctrine (the doctrine of imputation) leads one to praise and rejoice in the Holy God of scripture. Guilt has no more hold of me and the devil has no more legitimate accusations. For indeed, my righteousness is in heaven, and while I dwell here below, far be it from me to have the heart that says 'let me sin so that grace may abound', may it never be. But each day it will be my delight to be transformed and renewed to the image of Him who loved me and gave himself for me. The work is complete, my righteousness is sealed and my soul is satisfied and content in Christ alone. I pray for those who are in Christ to understand this doctrine and cherish it with all their heart, no good work can justify you, and no sin can condemn you (for those who have been born again). Therefore, walk freely on the path of grace singing praise to the king of all kings and laying hold of Christ because he lays hold of you. For God has called us to freedom, therefore let us walk freely and throw off the sin that easily entangles. The Christian duty is simple- OBEY in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...