Saturday 5 June 2010

psalm 131

I love psalm 131 and would recommend all to commit it to memory. its a humbling prayer and one that exhorts God for his greatness and the willingness of the individual to still and quieting their soul. Time and time again I sit in deep humility and would repeat this psalm and remember to put my Hope in the LORD

My heart is not proud O Lord
My eyes are not haughty
I do not concern myself with great matters
Or things to wonderful for me
But I have stilled and quietened my soul
Like a weaned child is my soul within me
O Israel put your hope in the Lord
Both now and forevermore

K.Oni

No comments:

Post a Comment

Trouble comes and trouble goes

Difficulties arise and pass away. Life has a beginning and an end. Who knows when? Some are deliberate  Some are sudden And some are slow. B...